Sunday, June 22, 2008

gleedle gleedle dee

All members of the house are home after a long weekend of biking, working and hotel staying. Kylie, Mike, Tina and Kim went somewhere in Georgia to race their bigger bikes (well, bigger than mine) and it seems as if they did well. Mike finished second and Tina was leading her race until her pdeal came off four miles into the course. Bummer, but at the same time a confidence booster I am sure.
This weeknd for me started off with a long night of sitting in Conor's house playing guitar and listening to the Shins way too loud (so loud that the neighbors came up and told to chill out). We went out to the Admirable after playing at his house and continued to buy tequilla shots until we couldn't remember out names. We split up from there and rode our wobbly bikes to our own homes.
Saturday morning didn't exist for me and I got up around 12:30 completely groggy and wondering if I would be able to do well in my races later on in the day. A subway sandwich and two hours of practice later the races started at my new home (aka the Weaverville BMX track) . My races were fun since I was racing a few of my new buddies and we were able to talk smack to each other through out the afternoon. The last of my motos ended up with a full gate (8 people) and we all had a blast jumping the second jump on the course heading towards the first turn which almost ended in a pile up due to everyone going for passing moves. It was a fun race and I came out ahead of the carnage.
But tommorow is my first day at Pro Tree Care and it must be time for me to head to bed.

No comments: