Thursday, March 6, 2008

man cookies

The past couple days have been quite calm and relaxing at 17 Nebraska. Last night Mike taught me how to make cookies which was quite fun. But when I put the dough on the baking sheets to bake them he didn't tell me how huge my mounds of dough really were, so when I pulled them out of the oven there was one large cookie that Mike and I deemed a "man cookie". Mike actually did the same thing with his cookies 15 minutes later. I guess this means that we are both real men.

I have recently started a new job for a new tree compnay called Above All Tree Service. A catchy name with a catchy slogan. "We trim your trees, not your wallet". It is all about the sales pitch, right? But working outside again all day has been a breath of fresh air for a number of different reasons. It is great to be able to use skills that I have for good and not for evil. For example, today I spent 3 hours in a large oak tree removing it so that it wouldn't pose as a potential roof remover. I smell like sawdust and gasoline, and the ladies love it... well, one REALLY likes it.

This weekend and the following week are going ot be ridiculous cause we have got some really good people coming up to the house. Tons of bike riding to be done. Tons of beer to be drank, and hopefully not too many wrestling matches, but with Ian coming up, who the hell knows?

-Lexy

No comments: