Friday, September 26, 2008

drizzly day check up

So Asheville is out of gas. Which is the catalyst for this blogin.
I woke up this morning at 6:30 knowing that I might have the day off from tree work due to rainy weather. The sky looked like it could go either way, so I packed my lunch, pumped up my tires and took off out of the door.
Since Asheville has been out of gas and there is a 2 to 3 hour wait for 10 gallons of dead dinosaur juice, I have been riding my bike to work which has been a good eye opener. But this morning ride was a little warmer than the past rides I have done and so my spirits were high as i pedaled down the long hill of State St. I was just getting passed by a trash truck and flying the bird when i heard the fun little jingle of my cell phone going off in my backpack. I pulled over and got the call from ym boss that it was raining like hell in Swannanoa... no work today.
So I turn around and start heading back home in even higher spirits. The whole day to myself and a great ride ahead of me in order to think out what I might do today.

No comments: